Two ways to sponsor!
VACCS provides two ways to give back through sponsorship. You can buy advertising space with us, or sponsor a local school in Burkina Faso.
Partnering with AfriCaFest and VACCS is the ideal way for your company to recognize that cultural diversity enriches the lives of all British Columbians. The return and benefits associated with being part of this event are numerous:
- Recognition as a community leader in the promotion of the cultural heritage of the black diaspora in Greater Victoria, British Columbia and Canada;
- Recognition as a company that supports racial harmony, cross-cultural understanding and respect;
- Recognition as a partner with a nationally recognized non-profit community organization, the Victoria African & Caribbean Cultural Society;
- Inclusion in a coordinated promotional and marketing campaign highlighting your involvement with African Cultural Week 2017;
- Direct marketing to over 4,000 people.
VACCS is happy to partner with École Sababu Mamadou Diabate. We encourage our members to sponsor a child in the school for the cost of $13/month (or $104 for an 8 month school year).
Founded by world renown Balafon musician, Mamadou Diabete, the school is based in his hometown Bobo-Dioulasso (Burkina Faso, West Africa). The school was inaugurated on September 14, 2010 and now has over 650 attendees. The full has been fully occupied since Fall 2015, with 94.5% of the students achieving the fifth best result out of 46 schools in the school district.
Unique features of the school:
- Students get a hot free meal every day!
- Smaller class sizes compared to other schools in the district
Click here to see photos of the school.